The gap art contest
showcase your talent
Bridging the gap and highlighting local talent, the GAP Project is designed to create site-specific, temporary public art that will enliven the Galaxy and surrounding area. Leading up to the launch later this year GAP is running a writing and art contest, with the winners to be announced at the GAP launch event.
Entry is free, so get creative. Using traditional Art Mediums or go Digital the choice is yours and so is the subject matter.
All categories are open to everyone and individuals can submit to more than one category but are limited to no more than 3 submissions in total across all categories.
There are three age categories: up to 9, 10-17, 18+
There are prizes! There will be cash prize of £50 for the best sketch, best painting and best digital art in each of three age categories.
There will be five runner ups selected from across the categories and age groups who will receive the following prizes donated by the Galaxy Centre, Luton:-
- Meal at The Whitehouse for two,
- Meal at Nando’s for two,
- 2 x Cinema Tickets,
- A game of ten pin bowling,
- The Gym day pass.
In addition, we aim to select at least 20 stories and 20 poems for publication by NINE RED Presents… (CIC) in an anthology that will include the winning art from the GAP Writing Contest and that will be available in paperback. A copy will be given to all winners and individuals with selected entries included in the anthology.
Deadline for submissions: 30 June 2020
Winners will be notified by: 31 August 2020
gap art contest Contest – Road Map
- The contest will be divided into segments:
- Art Contest (three segments): Drawing, Painting And Digital Art.
- The GAP Art contest will be open until June 30th, 2020.
- The contest will be free to enter.
- The contest will be Open to anyone living in Luton and Bedfordshire.
- The work can be in any genre.
- The work can be on any subject.
- Age groups: under 9, 10-13, 14-17, 18+
- Submission to be made by email together with applicant information.
This segment of the contest is all about digital artwork created using digital art mediums. Work must be previously unpublished.
The GAP Art Contest – Submissions: Terms and Conditions
What You Need to Know
- There are three age categories: up to 9, 10-17, 18+
- Submission is open to artists who live in Bedfordshire.
- There will be cash prize of £50 for the best story, best Drawing, best Painting and best Digital Art in each of three age categories.
- Work should be original and not previously published.
- Entries are limited to 3 per person in total across all categories.
- Entries should be scanned, photographed or link via dropbox, hightail, wetransfer, wesendit or similar and attachment to an email.
- Artists should not include their name on any part of the attachment, as entries will be judged anonymously. If linked to a file transfer site, please ensure that you cannot be identified.
- We aim to select at least 20 pieces for publication by NINE RED Presents… (CIC) in an anthology that will include the winning writing from the GAP writing Contest that will be available in paperback. A copy will be given to all winners and individuals with selected entries included in the anthology.
- Please do not submit material that is not family friendly – Think PG rating
- Judges cannot correspond with entrants or give feedback on submissions.
What you need to do
- All entries should be submitted as an attachment to an email and sent to email@example.com
- Please type GAP2020 Submission in the email subject line and specify whether the submission is a) Drawing, b) Painting, c) Digital Art or d) mixed entry. If you wish to submit across categories, please send them in separate documents. You can submit them together in one email.
- Please include the following details in the body of your email:
- Your full name
- Age category
- Title of pieces
- Email address/phone number
- Address including postcode.
Deadline for submissions: 30 June 2020